Kermit the frog said it best, “It ain't easy being green.” The good news is, it's getting easier. Cosmetic companies are looking to the past to find safe, effective ingredients and delivering them in new and luxurious ways. Here are five trendy green beauty ingredients to look out for in 2018.
The beauty world is taking a class in Ayurvedic science. A popular ingredient found in these Middle Eastern formulas is turmeric. Turmeric restores moisture, fights acne and brings out your natural glow. It can be used in masks, scrubs, soaks, and soaps.
Another star of the Ayurvedic trend is rose water, which is known for its hydrating, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Beauty brands from Korres to Burt's Bees are incorporating this beauty powerhouse into their products. Use it as a toner, spray it on to refresh your makeup, and even rinse your hair with it for soft, silky locks.
For centuries, Chinese women have used jade in facials to improve elasticity, reduce puffiness and tighten pores. You can garner a bevy of beauty benefits with beauty tools like the jade facial roller.
Crystal-infused cosmetics are showing up everywhere. Check out the mineral-rich collection from Gemstone Organics. Crown Works combs, made from crystals, turn detangling your hair into a spiritual self-care ritual.
Sage has moved from the spice rack to your skincare, offering anti-aging, and antimicrobial properties. It is known to reduce inflammation and aid in collagen production. Harness the power of this multitasking herb with these products.
- Tata Harper Clarifying Spot Treatment
- Schmidt's Natural Deodorant Stick
- Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser
- Xue, Faith. “How to Use Rose Water in Your Beauty Routine” http://www.byrdie.com. January 2016. Accessed 11/17/17.
- Small, Diane. “10 Amazing Crystal Infused Beauty Products” https://eluxemagazine.com. Accessed 11/17/17.
- Sasso, Samantha. “The New Age Ingredient That'll Clear Your Breakouts — & Your Mind”. http://www.refinery29.com/2017/07/165649/sage-acne-skincare-products. July 2007. Accessed 11/17/17.